School Site Council
Pursuant to California Education Code (EC) section 52855 and EC 64001 a school site council (SSC) is to develop, annually review and update the Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA). The SSC is crucial to the success of the categorical programs a school may have. The SSC must meet the composition requirements specified in EC52852 unless granted a waiver from the State Board of Education (SBE). The composition of the SSC is specified as follows:
- The SSC shall be composed of:
- the principal; teachers selected by teachers at the school, and
- other school personnel selected by other school personnel at the school,
- parents of students attending the school and/or community members selected by such parents, and
- in secondary schools, students selected by students attending the school.
- At the elementary level, the SSC shall be constituted to ensure parity between:
- (a) the principal, classroom teachers, and other school personnel; and
- (b) parents; or community members selected by parents.
- At the secondary level, the SSC shall be constituted to ensure parity between:
- the principal, classroom teachers, other school personnel, and
- equal numbers of parents or community members selected by parents and students.
- At the discretion of the local governing board, the middle school may, but is not required to, include student representation on the SSC. If a middle school SSC includes students, the SSC must meet the composition requirements of secondary school.
Our School Site Council Meetings for 2020-2021 school year will be
October 12, 2020 @ 2:30 pm
November 12, 2020 @ 3:30 pm
January 28, 2021 @ 3:30 pm
March 4, 2021 @ 3:30 pm
April 22, 2021 @ 3:30 pm